We are looking for an experienced and proactive Marine Superintendent for one of our global shipowner clients. Reporting to the Fleet Manager, the Marine Superintendent will be responsible to manage all assigned vessels and ensure that they are in compliance with flag and company requirements on safety operations.
The ideal candidate can educate, coach and assist the members of the fleet team and the shipboard management within the areas of marine safety enabling the team/vessels to operate without compromising safety standards. He/she is an advocate for ‘safety’ and an ambassador of our organizational values by demonstrating this in his/her behaviour. He/she understands the importance of asking the right questions to support our safety management system and improve our quality output to our customers.
- Responsible for Certification/ ISPS implementation / SOPEP implementation
- Handle incident prevention & investigation including handling of P&I insurance matters
- Organise and conduct internal/ external audits
- Handle crewing OPEX accounts and Crew appraisals
- Perform briefing of senior officers and ensure SMS familiarisation on board for all
- Standby and handle Emergency Responses and ensure Safety Meeting & Management Review are carried out timely on board;
- Ensure implementation of Policies & Procedures as per company SMS;
- Monitor Charts & Publications and coordination with charterers;
- Responsible for sharing CP details & ensuring implementation of charter requirements as per CP on board vessel as required.
- Minimum 1 year experience sailing as Master/ Chief Officer
- Minimum 1 year as shore-based Marine Superintendent
- Ability to network professionally at appropriate level with stakeholders;
- Ability to lead and motivate multifunctional teams;
- Successful influencing skills with the ability to positively challenge to make changes.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.