We are looking for a proactive and experienced Marine Superintendent for one of our global shipping clients. The Marine Superintendent will be responsible to ensure that their assigned fleet of vessels are in compliance with IMS and all relevant international rules and regulations. The candidate will be expected to execute the company HSEQ and ethic policies as well as monitoring and enhancing the assigned fleet’s HSEQ performance.
The ideal candidate would have sailing experience as Chief officer/ Master Mariners on conventional ships, preferably container vessels. He/she will have good knowledge of ISM, ISO and QHSE management experience. Ex-Captain who has just came ashore is welcome to apply.
· Ensuring the implementation of the Integrated Management System and the Ship Security Plan
· Promote good communication between ashore departments and ship crew
· Ensuring the seaworthiness of assigned vessels (i.e.: properly manned, maintained and equipped)
· Management and follow-up of ISM, ISPS, MLC, ISO and flag audits
· Handling QSSE audits or inquiries onboard your assigned vessels
· Monitoring of corrective and preventive actions and handling accident investigation
· Regular vessels inspections and port visits in accordance to company’s KPIs
· Conducting trainings when required for both shore staffs and ship crew
· Contact point of flag administrations and support fleet department with classification societies (RO).
· Participate in Emergency response team when required
Qualifications / Experiences
· Sailing experience as Chief Officer/ Master Mariners on-board conventional ships, preferably container vessels
· Captains of conventional ships who have just came ashore are welcome to apply
· Trained in ISM and ISO Internal audits, CSO and accident investigations
· Good knowledge in QHSE management
· Excellent verbal and written communication in English
Must Have Experiences
· Ability to work both independently and in a team-based environment
· Physical ability to perform audit onboard ships
· Able to travel aboard for ships visits / inspections regularly
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding!