We are looking for an experienced and proactive Marine HR Executive for one of our global shipping clients to handle their crew operations and be responsible for all crewing requirements for their assigned fleet of vessels. The ideal candidate would have at least 3 years of relevant crewing experience with ship manager/ owner and has excellent knowledge of the STCW certifications, Seafarer’s Employment, and the relevant maritime legislation and regulation. He/she would have proven track record of meeting crewing demands and possesses good communication skills.
- Maintain and plan Top 4 Officers 12-months rotation, including obtaining approval from Vessel Managers, communication to manning agents and agreement with Officers.
- Provide strategic and efficient planning of crew changes with a focus on vessel operational needs, voyage schedule and crew cost budgets.
- Verify accuracy and completeness of crew data in the Crew Management System (Compas).
- Establish and maintain close working relationship with Manning Agents and crew to ensure Company policies and procedures and international maritime regulatory requirements are always adhered to.
- Monitor and ensure that all seafarers have complete documentation in accordance with the requirements of STCW, MLC, flag authorities and Company/vessel specific.
- Manage the performance management cycle of crew by ensuring timely and accurate completion of performance appraisals and maintenance of proper records.
- Plan and arrange Officers’ office briefing/de-briefing
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in crewing and/or ship management
- Has worked in a multi-cultural environment, with a proven track record of meeting crewing demands.
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of relevant maritime legislation and regulations
(i.e. STCW, MLC, Flag).
- Good IT knowledge and system familiarity with Microsoft 365, Excel, Compass Netvision System and IMOS.
- Good communication skills – written and spoken English.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks and bring projects or assignments to completion.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding!