One of our global shipping clients is looking for an energetic and experience Marine Operations Control Executive to join their organization to support the Commercial & Operations Department. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the incumbent will ensure voyage related transactions are in compliance with the Contract of Affreightments (COAs), Charter Party (CP) terms, vendors’ agreements and internal policies.
The ideal candidate is a team player who is outgoing and interacts well with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external. A customer-focused and detail oriented individual, the candidate is also trustworthy and relatable. When put under pressure, he/she is flexible, innovative and is able to think outside the box for a solution to a problem.
- Issue freight invoices in accordance to contractual terms
- Raise hire statements towards time-charterers and arrange hire payments on time-chartered in ships on a timely basis
- Ensure freight and hire incomes are received by the due dates
- Process port disbursements and suppliers’ invoices by the stipulated dates
- Update and maintain voyage information in IMOS on a timely basis
- Reconcile proforma and final hire statements for redelivered shipments
- Finalize voyages within the internal accounting deadline & prepare weekly AR and finalization status
- Prepare and lead monthly voyage variance meetings
- Liaise with Accounting Departments of counterparties including customer, charters, agents, bunker suppliers and towage companies on charterer/suppliers’ compliance requirement
- Resolve receipt or payment timeline issues with Accounting Departments of counterparties
- Liaise with Accounting Department on transactions that require Oracle interface (e.g. bank details and accounting codes)
- Identify issues or gaps in existing work processes and initiate new processes to improve the efficiency within the Department
- Provide timely accounting-related feedback to operators and charterers on customers’ late payment, invoicing or internal compliance requirement
- Supporting Operations desk on admin matters
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum Diploma in Maritime Studies or Business Management
- 2-3 years of experience in shipping or commercial and operations (preferably in dry bulk or tankers and/or with shipowner, operator or brokering house)
- Proficient in Excel; experience with IMOS preferred
- Accounting experience will be an advantage
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding!