We are looking for an experienced and proactive Line Operations Executive for one of our global shipping clients. Reporting to the Deputy General Manager operationally, he/she will be ensuring the safe planning and reduction of operating cost of vessels as part of the Line Management team. They will also serve as a professional liaison between the Vessel Master, Line Management team, and location agents, addressing operational, vessel scheduling, and capacity-related matters. The ideal candidate should possess a minimum of 2 years’ experience in shipping operations, along with excellent communication skills.
- Assist Line Management in vessel selection with reference to load ability and operational suitability in specific trade areas.
- Execution of voyage instructions to new chartered vessels and ensure that operational procedures are followed by the vessel throughout the charter.
- Maximize vessel stowage based on CBF declared with minimum shut out / restows due to stowage issues, with equal crane split to optimize cargo operations and without impeding vessel safety.
- Schedule update in Bridge for the company’s operated vessels and distribute same.
- Closely monitor SMART system to minimize pending reports and delayed submission. Ensure SMART tracking is accurate. Assist Line Managers (LM) with monitoring of alerts to ensure vessels are always following instructions.
- Speed adjustment instructions to Captain & advise planned draft and load ability for draft restricted ports.
- Support line management in monitoring and coordinating downline berth window with port of call agents and highlight situations which could lead to vessel delays, congestion or affect terminal productivity.
- Screen DG/OOG requests and ensure strict compliance with the in-house DG exclusion list unless a valid exception has been authorized.
- Monitor tug usage on the arrival/departure reports and raise queries with Master/Assist Operations Manager (AOM) where excess tug usage is spotted.
- Arranging for Bunker and enter order in ARKS.
- Monitor SDR’s closely to ensure initial action is taken and terminals are put on notice. AOM, LM/Legal is correctly informed in case the SDR becomes a claim.
- Assist LM with PRF management to control and streamline such costs.
- Update forecast and utilization details.
- Support current Business Transformation initiatives as and when required concerning EDI integration with terminals, customers and development of internal procedures relating to specifically to areas of expertise.
- Minimum Diploma in Maritime Studies / University graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in shipping operational.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Proficiency in the English language, both verbal and written.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.