We are looking for an experienced and proactive Line Management Manager for one of our global shipping clients. Reporting to the Hub Director, he/she will manage the running of assigned services in a profitable manner and ensure constant dialogue with stakeholders, vendors, and customers (principal and agency).
He/she will be responsible for overseeing and optimizing the operations of assigned trade lines to ensure efficient P&L performance, cost management, and overall profitability. The ideal candidate would have at least 4 years’ experience in the shipping line involving in trade, along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Assume overall accountability for the financial performance of assigned trade lines, aiming to achieve/ exceed revenue and profitability targets.
- Improve cost efficiency and optimize yield through analysing cost components, identify areas for cost savings, and implement initiatives to enhance overall profitability.
- Select ships with optimum intake, bunker consumption, and tonnage to minimise port dues and operational costs.
- Monitor daily bunker consumption and ensure vessel consumption is in line with Charter Party description and historical data.
- Review bunker survey reports and verify reported quantities against master’s reported Remaining on Board (ROB). Address any discrepancies promptly and collaborate with legal team to manage claims (cargo claims, container damage, vessel damage) if any.
- Manage terminal contracts for assigned trades ensuring favourable terms and efficient operations at terminals.
- Strategise trade routes (existing and new). This may involve consolidation with customers and competitors or expanding existing service coverage either via own deployment or swaps with other operators.
- Collaborate with the Commercial department to gather, compile, and maintain trade statistics and reports for analysis and decision making.
- Space management and selection of cargo that delivers best NTV (Net to Vessel) returns.
- Look for opportunities to implement GRI‘s (general rate increase), RR‘s (rate restoration), CBR (critical bunker recovery) for all trades managed in line with cost increases.
- Manage and coordinate rate quotation and filing with commercial department.
- Liaise with agents to ensure online booking forecasts are updated timely in online system.
- Build and retain good relations with customers assigned to you to become their preferred vendor of choice. The company will expect you to deal with commercial matters relating to a wider geographical scope where you will be briefed internally before discussing with the customer. This will involve regular contact via face-to-face meetings and entertainment. Out of hours work and travel may be required.
- Business development:
- Strategizing trades routes (existing and new) which involves new service development / expansion.
- Feasibilities studies on various services concept and deployment scenarios.
- Securing/expanding of slot swop and fixed slot deals.
- Bachelor’s degree in maritime business or business management.
- Minimum 4 year’ experience in shipping line involving in trade.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with colleagues across departments and various internal & external stakeholders.
- Strategic thinker, Independent and result oriented.
- Ability to focus on tasks and analyses situations, systems, and problems.
- Ability to make quick decisions supported by information and data gathered.
- Strong leadership.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.