We are looking for an experienced Laytime Specialist for one of our clients. The candidate would be responsible for negotiating position/ settlement within international legislative jurisdictions and effectively interpreting load and discharge port documents. The ideal candidate would have at least 5 years’ relevant hands-on related experience in Post Fixtures activities including laytime calculation, follow-ups on outstanding issues to achieve timely settlement.
- Interpreting charter party contracts across different trade routes and within different pricing mechanisms with external and internal stakeholders.
- Interpreting clauses within the charter parties, relating to actual events, and negotiating favorable commercial outcomes.
- Manage laytime calculation, negotiate and finalize commercial terms with ship owners, brokers and/or operators as and when needed.
- Manage laytime communications within different geographical locations and environments.
- Responsible for accurate and timely review, issuance of demurrage notices timely to avoid being time-barred, respond counter proposals of demurrage claims as per sales and/or purchase contracts as well as Charter Party clauses, negotiate in the best interest of the company and settlement of demurrage claims in the most effective manner.
- Provide technical expertise and advice on contractual clauses in relation to laytime and demurrage and proposals for laytime and/or demurrage language realignment for better management of potential commercial risk.
- Liaise with stakeholders and legal teams to negotiate and settle charter party disputes.
- Provide laytime status reports on a regular basis.
- Diploma or Degree in Business, Accounts, or other related fields.
- Strong knowledge of charter-party and/or previous working experience in a similar position would be an added advantage.
- Good communication skills – spoken and written English.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well under tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel would be an added advantage.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding!