We are looking for an experienced and proactive Laytime Specialist for one of our global shipping clients. The ideal candidate would have at least 2 years of laytime calculation experience and is well versed in understanding and analysing charter parties and voyage documents.
- Responsible for the timely preparation, review and finalization of laytime calculations with both internal and external counter parties.
- Interpreting charter party terms relating to actual events with the aim of achieving the most favorable commercial outcome for the company while maintaining professional approach and good commercial relationship.
- Liaising with in-house operations, commercial and legal departments on negotiation and settlement of laytime disputes.
- Close communication with business partners such as Brokers, Agents, Charterers and Owners.
- Establishing and maintaining good commercial relationship with key customers in order to provide feedback to the in-house commercial departments on laytime matters and minimize recovery period.
- Ensuring that accounting department has all information required to process relevant payables/receivables.
- Analyzing and reporting any laytime related risk issues observed in third-party contracts.
- After successful integration, providing expertise and advice on contractual clauses and laytime matters for better management of potential commercial risk.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a similar role in Dry-Bulk Shipping or Commodity Trading, also interested in seeing more senior profiles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in English is essential.
- Well versed in understanding and analysing charter parties and voyage documents.
- Strong customer orientation & skills in developing relationships with key counter parties.
- Quick learner and able to cope in a fast-paced environment.
- Energetic, self-motivated with strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail.
- A dependable individual with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to adapt in a flexible and multicultural work environment.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.