We are looking for a Paralegal/ Junior Legal Counsel for one of our global shipping clients. He/ she will work closely with the Finance Legal Counsel to support the in-house legal and treasury function on all legal, finance and treasury-related matters. The ideal candidate would have a qualification as a practicing lawyer in England & Wales, Singapore or other common law jurisdiction with minimum one year prior legal experience in the legal department of an international business or in a professional law firm.
- Reviewing, drafting and/or negotiating documents related to ship finance transactions and other finance or treasury related matters, including term sheets, loan and security documents, swap documents and corporate authorities
- Assisting on all matters related to vessel sales and purchases, new financings, loan drawdowns; including preparing mortgage release documents for vessel sales; and managing pre-delivery drawdowns and vessel deliveries.
- Liaising with internal offices and departments in relation to vessel documentation, insurances, compliance matters and corporate secretarial matters; including preparing know-your customer (KYC) documentation and corporate authorities and approvals.
- Corresponding with external law firms, bankers, ship registries and other third parties.
- Maintaining and updating legal files and documentation.
- Transaction management, including preparing and monitoring conditions precedent; obtaining approvals for transactions fees and expenses and arranging invoice payments; closely monitoring deadlines and key events
- Formal legal qualification at University Degree level is required.
- Experience in either shipping and/or finance preferred, but not essential.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to work effectively in a team and demonstrate a self-starting attitude and a high-level of independent thought.
- Be able to quickly form strong working relationships with internal and external colleagues and contacts.
- Have strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a high degree of personal motivation and the desire to develop within the role and take on additional responsibility.
- Excellent time management and the ability manage multiple matters at the same time
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding!