We are looking for an energetic and proactive Junior Trader for one of our global shipping clients. The candidate will be responsible to develop and build relationships with third party cargo and tonnage clients and identifies and pursues trading flows complimentary to the company’s existing tonnage and cargo book, identify arbitrage opportunities and leverage in house volumes to generate profits.
The ideal candidate would have at least 2-3 years of experience in drybulk and Supramax or Panamax vessel and familiar with trade routes in Indian Ocean (PF/South Africa/ India/ Pacific).
- Maximise each execution and be on top of operations matter to make sure best practices are in place. Liaise with the freight operations teams across the organization giving clear instructions;
- Communicates with internal and external traders/clients/charterers and vessel owners/brokers to price freight; uses FFA and analyzes external price proposals to determine fair market prices; negotiates freight rates and other Charter Party contractual terms;
- Utilizes in-house research and knowledge to anticipate freight market demands and trends, both short and long term, and uses own- and third-party cargo and tonnage to position the company to extract value anticipating these changes.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Maritime transportation, Economic, Business Administration, Commerce, Engineering or Mathematics.
- 2-3 years+ of experience in drybulk and Supramax or Panamax, familiar with major cargo/routes in Indian Ocean (PG/ South Africa/ India/ Pacific)
- Preference given to candidates with previous work experience in freight operator companies with existing client network
- Strong knowledge of freight orientated estimation and operational software IMOS Veson.
- Strong understanding in performing advanced freight calculations, negotiating time charter and voyage charter party terms and arbitraging freight positions on spot and forward markets.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.