We are looking for an experienced and proactive IT Manager for one of our global shipping clients. The IT Manager will be responsible to lead a small team of IT Engineers and manage the delivery of IT services in the Singapore Office. He/she will provide IT leadership to support the Company’s business (shore and ships) and also lead and manage IT projects in Singapore. The ideal candidate would have at least 3 years of experience managing a team of IT engineers to support the IT operations of a shipping company for their shore and sea employees.
- IT Business Partner – Work closely with Senior Management Team and external vendors to lead and ensure the successful execution of the IT and Business strategies in Singapore.
- Ensure successful implementation and rollout of IT projects, policies and procedures for shore and ships.
- Manage IT projects to ensure the successful delivery and execution of software upgrades and custom developed applications and effective change management.
- Research, develop, and manage implementation of new technologies for deployment across the organization to drive business excellence, reduced costs and cycle times to market (solutions, processes, etc.).
- Oversee and be the escalation point of IT support for the company’s fleet of vessels and shore IT operations so as to ensure the timely resolution of reported IT issues.
- Degree in Information Technology or any other related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in IT Management and IT Project Management
- Experience of leading and managing IT team remotely & minimum of 3 years’ experience in the maritime industry
- Strong communication, analytical and people skills and able to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Physically fit to travel to/fro the company’s vessels
- Location in the West
- 5-day work week
- Nice working environment
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.