We are looking for an experienced and proactive IT Executive for one of our shipping clients. Reporting to the Assistant IT Manager, the IT Executive will ensure the smooth IT system operations onboard the company’s vessels. He/she will be responsible to provide level one IT support and be responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of onboard computer networks, systems and hardware. Their ideal candidates would have at least 1-2 year of relevant experience in networking or marine field computer systems. He/she will has good problem-solving skills and is a self-starter and a great team player.
- Responsible for supporting all system maintenance, troubleshooting and upgrading of all computers and server onboard.
- Install, maintain and repair onboard computer networks, systems, and hardware;
- Provide 1st level IT support services including but not limited to troubleshooting, PC setup, Networking, Satellite Communication, etc.
- Install and setup IT system for new buildings and takeover vessels
- Train Senior Officers in Communication cost control, IT policies on ship, activity report etc
- Board Ship to solve issues that can’t be resolved remotely when required and handle all system enquiries when on-board the vessels.
- Assist with computer hardware / software installation and configuration.
- Perform communication system check & also perform firmware update if required.
- Check the business applications on all network computers to ensure they are working satisfactory.
- Ensure endpoint security is online and computer systems in business network and data backup are done accordingly.
- Verify the network on-board is working satisfactorily (e.g. Network sharing, remote desktop, firewall, Wi-Fi, etc.)
- Install update / patches on IT system & perform inventory check on IT systems on board.
- Conduct Cybersecurity drill & check if latest backup and file sync via NAS is operational.
- Record job done with photos and provide summary report.
- Any other duties as and when assigned by the superiors.
- Diploma / Degree in Marine Electronics Engineering/ Computer Science or its equivalent
- 1-2 years relevant experience in networking or marine field computer systems
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Office 365, MS Server products, Networking and Security domain and good knowledge in ITIL
- Proactive and a self-starter with strong customer orientation and multi-tasking capabilities
- Good troubleshooting and communication skills
- Fit to go onboard vessels and travelling to/fro shipyards and vessels when required.