We are looking for an experienced Business Systems Lead for one of our global shipping clients. The Business Systems Lead will be required to support & manage the core business systems implemented for the company Projects and Fleet Management. This role engineers and drives end to end solution through working closely with key business stakeholders to gather customer requirements, translate them into clear compelling business cases and requirements documents, then recommend and implement the IT solutions. The role is detail oriented, yet still able to see the big picture and work with the business to drive a strategy which optimizes the IT investment.
The candidate will be the face of IT for the Bus and will requires active engagement with the wider business. The individual must be confident in discussing business solutions and IT with a variety of audiences and be responsible for the success of the implementation of new technology and applications.
• Effective delivery and management of the company Project and Fleet Management solutions that provide competitive advantage to support the growth of the business, ensuring systems are fit for purpose and able to deliver business objectives
• Collaborate with business stakeholders to find alternatives and solutions to business challenges. Seek out systems solutions (either internal or external 3rd party solutions) that can be leveraged to meet business requirements
• Translate business requirements and break down component of the features and functionalities into clear technical specifications for development; coordinate the efforts to design, develop and deploy the solutions
• Balance the business requirements with technical constraints to ensure the values of systems is realized.
• Manage the overall operational stability of platforms & solutions; plan and overseas the release of upgrades and enhancements to systems
• Facilitation of the IT planning and estimating phase
• Pro-actively contribute to the continuous improvement of technology/business processes through identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing changes
• Ensure technical staff or vendor in charge of maintaining and supporting the solutions has the necessary technical skills in delivering the required services; develop, monitor and manage SLA
• Identify and solve complex issues quickly, turn them into simple, intuitive and elegant solutions
• Ability to diagnose and resolve any technical failures that occur
• Demonstrate a sound understanding of how the overall business solution is positioned, deployed and supported globally.
• Conduct compliance check on system and implement relevant regulatory or security changes in a timely fashion
• As a member of the Technology team, has the responsibility to maintain the design integrity of the Enterprise Architecture
• Proactively evaluate and analyze any challenges in product features and concepts along with delivery pipeline, plan and take actions to mitigate delays to ensure projects are delivered on time.
• Plan and secure quality solutions including customizations through timely testing before they are deployed
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in technology
• At least 5+ years of systems experience in the Logistics or Supply Chain Management
• Proven experience within a business systems role, strong knowledge of IT change projects and experience managing enterprise solutions
• Proven experiences in delivering ERP in Logistics & knowledge in logistics system processes
• Demonstrated experience in managing and coordinating multiple projects and tasks, including setting priorities and meeting deadlines
• Strong technical analysis and troubleshooting skills – an analytical mindset with an ability to manage risks and issues through requirements elicitation and management
• High level attention to details and accuracy
• Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills, including written and verbal communication and the ability to facilitate meetings/conversations and influence at different levels
• Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices, and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
• Sufficient level of technical background and skills to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and vendors, and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex risks and issues
• Skilled at analyzing complex business issues with the ability to effectively communicate these issues to stakeholders
• Able to assess new ideas and provide implementable solution
• The ability to build a comprehensive understanding of and strategically connect the needs of multiple functional areas.
• Curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently as well as in a team
• Ability to collaborate with business executives and design and develop solutions of high business value
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding!