We are looking for a proactive IT Business Analyst for one of our global shipping clients. He/she would be responsible for the cross functional analysis of the business requirements for improving processes and systems; provide application support and implement new or enhanced business systems in line with the business direction and needs. The ideal candidate would have at least 5 years of experience in the participation of business application development, technical and business analysis and has possesses sound knowledge in shipping processes of the commercial and operations teams.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to gather their requirements so as to align technology with business strategy and goals. Translate requirement from business units to applications
- Co-ordinate with in-house developer, vendor, customer and business stakeholders to ensure smooth systems implementation.
- Conduct requirement studies, detailed systems analysis and design, implementation & testing of new systems and system enhancement. Take part in EDI flow discussion with business stakeholder.
- Prepare requirement specification document and interact with system architects and developers to ensure the project/system is properly implemented.
- Conduct impact analysis on application changes; analyse and troubleshoot application problem.
- Implement system software changes.
- Develop and execute plans for testing and training of the new system / feature.
- Conduct SIT, UAT with business stakeholders and customers and provide training to end users if needed.
- Provide technical support/advice to business unit for the application.
- Liaise with other business unit to obtain timely support/advice for the applications
- To be responsible for a Post Go Live Tracker for items that have agreed during project stage to be addressed after Go Live and working with the BPOs/ Business Unit users to address each item until closure.
- QUALIFICATION / REQUIREMENTS
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, information systems or equivalent
- At least 5 years relevant experience in participation of business application development, technical and business analysis
- 3+ years’ experience in analysis and data integration specifications for data exchanges with other IT systems through EDI and preferably in a shipping company. It is expected that the person is familiar with the different EDI standards (EDIFACT, ANSI, XML) and API methods of exchanging data.
- 2+ years’ of solid technical skills (SQL querying, scripting, database related tasks) and
- Able to read and understand SQL query language and has good understanding of network infrastructure and general application architecture.
- Have a good understanding of databases structures (example: tables, columns, primary and foreign key relationships, views).
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and attention to detail with keen appreciation of business needs and strong interest in business processes and process re-engineering.
- Have a good understanding of the software development life cycle and have experience of participating in a full project life-cycle in a business analyst role.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.