One of our global shipping clients is looking for a proactive and organized Senior/Claims Executive to join their Marine Insurance and Claims team. The Senior/Claims Executive will have the responsibility to manage and assess all classes of marine insurance claims which includes but not limited to H&M, Cargo, Crew, 3rd party liabilities, fines, environmental pollutions, personal effects, travel etc. In addition, the candidate would assist to review commercial contracts and identify potential liabilities and recommend additional covers accordingly. The ideal candidate is someone who has worked for at least 3 years of handling claims in a dry Bulk/ Container Shipping company. He/she has good communications skills and is highly organized and meticulous in his/her approach.
Reporting to the Head of Insurance and Claims, he/she will:
- Provide accurate and timely assessment of all classes of insurance claims in a Shipowner Company.
- Be able to handle early claim investigations and complex claims management with direct customers or other cargo interests directly.
- Ensure all claims are filed with relevant insurers in a timely manner & follow up on reimbursements from insurers immediately upon settlement and fully execute recourse actions, if any.
- Update the Commercial teams and relevant stakeholders on the claims developments with their customers and obtain full support from all parties prior to declining and/or offering any form of settlement with the direct customers.
- Assist to put in place surveyors and even experts on the ground to mitigate further damages or risks involved with cargoes and/or casualties.
- Assist in the contract review process of the company
- Track and provide real-time updates to all insurers through maintaining an active book of 3rd party tonnages and all vessels coming on or off risk.
- Provide analysis of claims statistics and highlight key issues at monthly claims meeting and discuss loss prevention solutions
- Prepare and lead monthly claims discussions with relevant departments.
- Ensure proper documentation and record of all premium payments and insurance claims of the company.
- An excellent communicator – Verbal and Written
- Proven problem-solving and good interpersonal skills
- Highly organised and has a sense of ownership and accountability
- At least 3 years of work experience handling dry bulk/ container claims matters
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding!