Our client is one of the leading manufacturers for industrial generators for marine, homes, commercial, portable as well as UPS. We are looking for an experienced and proactive Industrial Solutions Engineer to evaluate the project requirements that is received from the client’s Sales and distributors pertaining to the non-standard systems sales via the RFQ (Request for Quotation). The engineer is expected to support and clarify any pre-sales enquires and work closely with the relevant cross functional teams.
- Reviews requests for non-standard gensets and items to ensure all the necessary information has been provided and the requirements are technically and commercially viable.
- Generates project cost estimation (including non-standard products, M&E works and solutions selling)
- Works with engineering team for project feasibility studies and propose appropriate or alternative solutions in accordance to customer requirements
- Works closely with the Senior Engineer to generate quotation for sales team accordingly to the requirements
- Works closely with Supply Chain and supporting vendors in the pre-sales development of project and non-standard systems to meet customers’ needs
- Accomplishes department and organization goals by accepting ownership for achieving organization sales target
- Provides pre-sales technical support to distributors and dealers
- Maintains ISO system pertaining to IS
- Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering; or diploma holders with 4-year of relevant experience
- Good interpersonal skills along with good oral and written communication skills
- Managing and prioritizing work