We are looking for an experienced and proactive HSEQA Manager for one of our shipping clients. Reporting to the Fleet Manager, the HSEQA Manager will be responsible for the overall HSEQA performance of the company. He/she will manage the HSEQA team to drive, support and implement day-to-day HSEQA activities and ensure continual improvement of processes of the company. He/she will also be the main lead for the ISM of the company’s fleet of vessels.
The ideal candidate will be self-driven, possess good communication, problem-solving and good auditing knowledge and skills. He/she is expected to take the “right” decisions based on the Company values and commitment to safety. He/she will demonstrate a positive working attitude and the ability to engage, involve, guide, and inspire others to conduct their jobs safely.
- Overall in charge of HSEQA & ISM activities and provides leadership, planning and overall management of the HSEQA department
- Ensure effective system is developed and implemented for smooth operation and the safety of all onboard
- Ensure all non-conformances, accidents, incidents and near misses are thoroughly investigated & recorded and ensure all corrective and preventive actions are executed properly and promptly
- Overall in charge of the Company’s safety audit which include but not limited to preparing stakeholders for the audit, liaise with the auditors and ensuring implementation of all corrective & preventive actions
- Responsible for ensuring that safety systems on-board, such as safety committees, inspections/ audits are in place to ensure that there are no accidents
- Establish and maintain an overview of future legislation coming into force and those relevant new requirements are addressed to management
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 10 years of shore-based relevant working experience and at least 5 years as a managerial or supervisory position
- Holder of Class II (Ship Captain) Certificate & above is preferred but not a must have
- Previous work experience with offshore shipping is a good to have
- Proven knowledge and experience in conducting internal audits of vessels, office, and manning agents are essential
- Confident trainer and strong motivator/communicator
- Able to travel overseas on short notice
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.