We are looking for a highly organized and detail oriented HSEQ Administrator for one of our shipping clients. The HSEQ Admin Executive will be responsible for supporting the Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality (HSEQ) of the Marine Department in various administrative and coordination tasks. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in maintaining the HSEQ system, facilitating audits and inspections, and ensuring compliance with regulations and industry standards.
- Maintain and update the documented procedures and records in accordance with the Quality Assurance (QA) system.
- Coordinate the onboarding process for crew and shore personnel, including familiarization with IRIS (Internal Reporting and Information System) and OBP (Operating Best Practices).
- Generate periodic reports and statistical data for audit and inspection findings, ensuring accuracy and trending analysis.
- Collaborate with other departments to assist in the preparation and distribution of new procedures, ensuring alignment and consistency across the organization.
- Provide instruction and training to staff on the use of relevant reporting systems and tools.
- Prepare monthly HSE reports, verifying the quality of statistics using Tableau or similar reporting platforms.
- Assist in arranging shipboard external audits/inspections and office internal/external audits.
- Monitor the implementation and responses from vessels to various HSEQ/GHSEQ activities and initiatives.
- Assist in the dissemination of lessons learned, industry updates, Flag and Port States news, and relevant rules and regulations.
- Support other tasks within the HSE Department as required.
- Keep the HSE Manager informed about high severity reports, non-compliance (NC) incidents, negative trends, and their root causes.
- Monitor and coordinate the timely close-out of high severity reports, non-compliance incidents, and negative trends.
- Monitor and ensure the quality and quantity of incidents reported in the DocMap system.
- Maintain the Office Contingency Manual and update it as necessary.
- Coordinate timely close-out of action items resulting from these meetings.
- Assist in the upkeep and organization of the office technical library.
- Support the preparation of investigation reports related to HSEQ incidents.
- Monitor and assist in arranging unannounced drug and alcohol testing onboard vessels, in accordance with relevant policies and regulations.
- Diploma in maritime and/a relevant field. Prior experience in the maritime industry or HSEQ administration is desirable but not mandatory.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.