We are looking for a detail-oriented HR Generalist for one of our global shipping clients. The position will play a critical role in providing a wide range of HR functions, including recruitment and onboarding, HR operations, employer branding, talent management, payroll and employee engagement. The HR Generalist will contribute to creating an overall positive employee experience and ensuring the smooth operation of the Singapore office, while also extending support to the global offices when required.
Recruitment and Onboarding
- Act as a business partner, collaborating closely with hiring managers to define job descriptions and requirements.
- Utilise a variety of recruiting channels, including job boards, social media, recruitment agencies and employee referrals, to source and attract top candidates.
- Conduct thorough screening of applications and resumes to shortlist the most qualified candidates for further consideration.
- Schedule and facilitate interviews, utilizing appropriate assessment methods to evaluate candidate suitability for our company culture and values.
- Take ownership of the onboarding process to ensure new hires have a smooth and positive experience from day one.
- Coordinate with various departments to ensure new hires have all the necessary equipment, resources, and access rights to perform their roles effectively.
- Manage day-to-day HR activities, including maintaining employee records and preparing HR-related documents.
- Oversee employee lifecycle events, such as promotions, transfers, partner business heads in performance coaching and terminations, while ensuring compliance with company policies and legal regulations.
- Address employee inquiries related to HR policies, benefits, and other HR-related matters.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures to enhance efficiency and employee experience.
- Develop and implement comprehensive employer branding strategies to position our company as an attractive employer in the job market.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to define our unique Employee Value Proposition (EVP) and ensure it aligns with our corporate values and culture.
- Monitor and analyze employer brand metrics, regularly providing insights to optimize our brand perception and recruitment efforts.
Young Talent Attraction and Talent Management
- Identify and target specific recognized universities, polytechnics, and other educational institutions to build partnerships for sourcing young talent.
- Design and execute innovative campus recruitment initiatives, including career fairs, campus presentations and open house.
- Foster relationships with student organizations, targeted faculty, and career services to increase our visibility and attractiveness among young professionals.
- Leverage digital platforms and social media to engage with potential candidates and promote job opportunities.
- Develop and lead management trainee / shipping trainee programmes with industry sponsors to build talent pipelines for key roles, internships, and entry-level positions. Share best practice with our overseas offices to replicate the programme locally with opportunities for exchange across different countries.
- Implement programmes for onboarding, mentorship, and professional development for young employees to ensure a seamless integration and continuous growth within the organization.
- Monitor and track the progress and success of young talent within the company, providing support and guidance as needed to nurture their potential.
Employee Engagement, Payroll and Offboarding
- Develop and implement employee engagement initiatives, such as recognition programmes and wellness initiatives to create a positive and inclusive work culture.
- Partner with payroll vendors to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll, including deductions, bonuses, taxes, and other payroll-related matters. Address payroll inquiries promptly.
- Monitor employee satisfaction, conduct exit interviews to gather feedback and identify improvement opportunities and ensure all exit procedures are administered in accordance with local legislation.
- Any other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field from a recognized university.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in HR and working experience in an MNC with a diversified workforce.
- Good knowledge of HR policies, procedures, and local employment laws.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build rapport and maintain positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Proven experience in talent acquisition, interviewing skills, and HR operations.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Driven and a self-starter who enjoys learning and working in a fast-paced environment to develop structure and procedures from scratch for greater efficiency.
- Proficient in HRIS system, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Proficient in the English language, both verbal and written.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding!