We are looking for an experienced and proactive HR Generalist for one of our global shipping clients. The HR Generalist will provide full spectrum of the HR functions which include but not limited to recruitment and on/offboarding, HR Operations, employee engagement, payroll checking and L&D. The ideal candidate would have a proven track record working as a HR Generalist with an MNC, is a self-starter and has the ability to multi-task effectively.
Talent Acquisition & Onboarding
- Serve as a HR business partner, collaborating closely with hiring managers to define job descriptions and requirements.
- Utilise a variety of recruiting channels, including job boards, social media, recruitment agencies and employee referrals, to source and attract top candidates.
- Conduct thorough screening of applications and resumes to shortlist the most qualified candidates for further consideration.
- Schedule and facilitate interviews, utilizing appropriate assessment methods to evaluate candidate suitability for our company culture and values.
- Take ownership of the onboarding process to ensure new hires have a smooth and positive experience from day one.
- Coordinate with various departments to ensure new hires have all the necessary equipment, resources, and access rights to perform their roles effectively.
- Manage day-to-day HR activities, including maintaining employee records and preparing HR- related documents.
- Oversee employee lifecycle events, such as promotions, transfers, partner business heads in performance coaching and terminations, while ensuring compliance with company policies and legal regulations.
- Address employee inquiries related to HR policies, benefits, and other HR-related matters.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures to enhance efficiency and employee experience.
Learning and Development
- Support the learning and development function by coordinating training programmes and workshops.
- Identify training needs and collaborate with subject matter experts to design and deliver relevant training content.
- Monitor the effectiveness of training initiatives and suggest improvements to enhance employee development.
Employee Engagement, Payroll and Offboarding
- Develop and implement employee engagement initiatives, such as recognition programmes and wellness initiatives to create a positive and inclusive work culture.
- Partner with payroll vendors to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll, including deductions, bonuses, taxes and other payroll-related matters. Address payroll inquiries promptly.
- Monitor employee satisfaction, conduct exit interviews to gather feedback and identify improvement opportunities and ensure all exit procedures are administered in accordance with local legislation.
- Any other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration, or a related field from a recognized university.
- Minimum 2 years’ of experience in HR with an MNC.
- Good knowledge of HR policies, procedures, and local employment laws.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build rapport and maintain positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Proven experience in talent acquisition, interviewing skills, and HR operations.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Driven and a self-starter who enjoys learning and working in a fast-paced environment to develop structure and procedures from scratch for greater efficiency.
- Proficient in HRIS system, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Proficient in the English language, both verbal and written.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding!