We are looking for a proactive and experienced HR Executive (L&D) for one of our global shipping clients. Reporting to the HR Manager, this position will be responsible to support the HR Manager in handling the full spectrum of HR duties which include but not limited to recruitment, onboarding, learning and development, internships/scholarships and employee engagement.
A big part of the candidate’s responsibilities will involve supporting the learning and development activities of the company (E.g. Training needs analysis, training administration, conducting induction trainings for new joiners) and working closely with the departmental heads to provide HR guidance/ solutions to their manpower planning, training, performance management and employee relations issues.
Learning & Development
- Assist in the formulation of learning and development strategies.
- Conduct Learning Needs Analysis in consultation with business leaders.
- Identify and prioritize trainings that are deemed essential to ensure that the company satisfies continuing professional development requirements, technical certifications, and regulatory standards, for example the Tanker Management and Self-Assessment (TMSA) audit.
- Formulate and execute Total Learning Plan.
- Partner with internal subject matter experts and/or external vendors to design and develop training programmes to achieve training, learning and development objectives.
- Administer training matrix and ensure all new joiners meet the training requirements for their respective roles.
- Assess the costs of planned programmes and manage training budgets.
- Handle all training logistics and administration of pre- and post-training related activities such as:
- Application of Training Employment Passes
- Registration and arrangement of external training programmes
- Application of training grants from government agencies
- Updating and maintenance of all training records
- Supporting TMSA audits with essential training plans and records
- Conducting post-training evaluation and making recommendations for improvement
- Support the formulation of competency framework.
- Assist in the talent review and succession planning processes and implement initiatives to close the competency gaps.
- Recommend indicators for talent assessment to identify high-potential talent and implement high-potential programmes.
Recruitment and Selection
- Arrange and conduct interviews.
- Recommend candidates for selection to Human Resource Manager and Line Managers.
- Prepare salary proposal for new hire & prepare letter of offer and acceptance.
- Process work pass applications for foreign employees (where applicable).
- Manage onboarding process for new employees.
- Monitor new employees’ confirmation and OJT (where applicable).
- Liaise with Institutes of Higher Learning to coordinate internships with various departments.
- Coordinate and administer the EPS University Scholarship programme for shore-based employees.
- Ensure effective and efficient onboarding of new hires through induction and engagement programmes.
- Plan, initiate and execute employee engagement surveys, company events, teambuilding events and other relevant events.
- Minimum Diploma in Human Resource Management or related disciplines
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in handling L&D activities in a dynamic environment
- Well versed with Singapore Employment Act and practices
- Having prior experience in training administration and working in a shipping MNC will be an advantage
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- A good team player with excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Self-driven, resourceful individual who is able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- 5-day work week & centralised work location
- Nice office and excellent staff benefits
- Nice manager and colleagues