We are looking for an energetic and self-driven Hire & Freight Specialist for one of our global shipping clients. The Hire & Freight Specialist will play a pivotal role in ensuring voyage-related transactions are in compliance with the Charter Party (CP) terms, vendors’ agreements and internal policies. The ideal candidate would have at least 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Handling communications with Customers, Brokers, operators, Chartering, freight accounting Team.
- Calculation and issuance of Hire and Freight invoices after the review of the Nomination, base CP, additional clauses and other commercial agreements.
- Performance of laytime calculations and issuance of demurrage invoices.
- Monitor and ensure the accurate and timely billing of hire and freight based on the CP clauses and service quality with a customer.
- Lead follow up and negotiations process of laytime /hires with Characters / Owners till agreement and handle general hire related claims.
- Monitor balances with Owners and Charterers and communicate regarding outstanding amounts.
- Independently solve complex issues with minimum supervision, while escalating more complex cases to appropriate teams. Under the role, she / he should have ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously and perform under pressure.
- Review and analyze CPs, additional clauses and relevant documentation from the vessel, agents with a high level of attention to detail, accuracy, and identification potential gaps.
- Co-operate with Chartering and Operations Departments.
- Monitor and ensure the proper maintenance of information in the Company’s system.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 3 years’ relevant experience in dry bulk shipping industry
- Good understanding of bulk shipping operations, shipping contracts and understanding of Time Charter and Voyage Charters
- Good organisation skills with ability to apply reasoning and judgment on critical issues.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding!