We are looking for an experienced and proactive Head of Marine for an established shipowner to lead their vessel and marine operations team. The Head of Marine will ensure that the company’s vessels are maintained to the highest standards and aim for better operating efficiency without compromising on safety, security and quality.
The ideal candidate would have sailing experience as a Master on Container Vessels and would have proven track record as a Marine Manager heading the Marine, HSEQ and Operations teams in a shipping company that owns/ manages at least a fleet size of 30 vessels.
Leads a team of vessel operations and Marine Superintendents, he/she will be responsible to:
- Oversee and managed a fleet size of more than 50 owned vessels
- Overall responsible for Certification/ ISPS implementation / SOPEP implementation
- Oversee and manages incident prevention & investigation including handling of P&I insurance matters
- Overall responsible for all internal / external audits of the vessels
- Overall responsible for Emergency Response, Safety Meeting & Management Review on board
- Lead and ensure proper implementation of policies & procedures as per company SMS;
- Liaise with charterers and be responsible for sharing CP details & ensuring implementation of charter requirements as per CP on board vessel as required
- Ad-hoc Projects as assigned by Fleet Managing Director
- Sailing Experience as a Master on container vessels
- Proven track record as a Marine Manager heading the Marine, HSEQ and Operations teams in a shipping company that owns/ manages at least a fleet size of 30 vessels.
- In depth understanding of the industry and knowledge of key stakeholders
- Satisfy the appropriate requirements as set out in MSC-MEPC.7/Circular.6 – Guidance on the Qualifications, Training and Experience Necessary for Undertaking the Role of the Designated Person Under the Provisions of the International Safety Management (ISM) Code and qualifications, training and experience necessary for those undertaking the role of DPA
- Satisfactorily completed an approved DPA and CSO Courses
- Relevant industry or related industry qualification.
- Ability to communicate professionally at appropriate level with stakeholders
- Ability to lead and motivate multifunctional and multinational teams
- Good influencing skills with the ability to positively make changes
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.