We are looking for an experienced and commercially astute Head of Trade for one of our global shipping clients. The candidate will be responsible for the overall pricing strategy, trade management and commercial activities of the Intra-Asia Services. He/she will be responsible to drive profitability by maximizing volume/revenue onboard with an optimal cargo-mix. The ideal candidate would have proven track record in identifying new business opportunities and manage a big team and co-ordinate with agency network in Asia to accomplish Line Management objectives.
- Manage a team of Trade Specialists/Analysts.
- Manage pricing strategy for the designated countries and services as per guidance from Line Management.
- Coordinate the Trade strategy with the Asian network
- Make strategic recommendations to optimize the trade (revenues/volumes/market shares).
- Monitor and analyze agents’ performances against allocations to ensure optimal loadings
- Monitor the schedules of services to keep them closer to proforma and engage in schedule recovery measures with Operations team on a weekly basis.
- Co-ordinate with space management team on daily basis to understand vessel utilization and take prudent actions.
- Co-ordinate with Logistics team to understand and address equipment imbalance.
- Regular communication with Management to relay the market information and follow up on strategic recommendations
- Be the entry point for selected Key account, including customer visits, rate negotiation, service promotion, follow up support.
- Prepare reports, market studies, competitor analysis and perform other tasks as required by Line Management.
- Review financial performance of services under your jurisdiction for timely actions.
- Periodic travel plans to specific countries in Intra Asia for performance review and guidance to local sales and customer service teams.
- Degree or above, preferably in shipping, logistics management or business administration.
- Minimum of 10 + years of experience in container shipping.
- Solid working experience preferably in trade/pricing management or all related activities in regional / principal level in shipping or logistics industry
- Strong analytical, communication skills and strong presentation skills.
- Experience in people management for 3 years or more.
- This role is only open to Singaporeans and SPRs.