Our client is looking for an experienced and proactive Head of HSSEQ to join their organisation to manage overall HSSEQ matters and policies of their fleet of offshore vessels. The ideal candidate would have proven track record in providing strong leadership and managing HSSEQ teams in multi-national companies especially in the offshore industry. He/she would have overall responsibility of the Company’s HSSEQ performance and ensuring the compliance of all HSSEQ related legislations and certifications requirements.
- Lead the HSSEQ team in driving, developing and implementation of the Company’s HSSEQ management system and having the responsibility of ensuring safe operation of all the vessels in the company.
- Ensure that the company and all vessels owned by the Company adhere to and meet the compliance requirements of the relevant authorities and their clients.
- Promote the implementation of ISM cord, ISPS code and all relevant industry certifications and guidelines on all owned or managed vessels.
- Overall responsible to manage and drive the ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 18001 systems of the company and prepare the company for both the internal and external certifications audits.
- Lead and promote an HSSEQ culture in the company and provide regular and timely updates to top management on key HSSEQ matters.
- Overall responsibility to ensure that all investigations on accidents, injuries, security, and environmental incidents are properly carried out and ensure that the root causes and solutions/mitigation measures are properly implemented and closed.
- Minimum Class 2 Certificate of Competency and a Degree in HSSEQ or equivalent.
- At least 10 years of proven track record in leading and managing the HSSEQ management system of offshore companies.
- Possess excellent people management skills and ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders at different levels.
- Having attended training/ obtained relevant certifications such as Internal Auditor Course (ISO 9001, 14001 & OHSAS1801); Company Security Officer (CSO) and Designated Person Ashore (DPA) as well as familiarly with STCW code and incident investigation and root cause analysis training/ certificates will be an advantage.