We are looking for an experienced Group Financial Controller for a shipping client. The candidate would be responsible to provide leadership and manage the Group’s financial reporting, accounting and taxation, covering areas including statutory and management reporting. The ideal candidate would have at least 10 years of related work experience of which 5 years in managerial capacity. Having SAP experience is a bonus.
- Lead and manage Financial Reporting, Accounting and Taxation for the Group, covering areas including statutory and management reporting, governance, compliance and transactions processing
- Lead the compliance and reporting requirements of the group of companies, including quarterly and annual reporting. Ensure all financial reports are in line with IFRS/SFRS and the Group’s accounting policies
- Set the financial reporting standards in the Group, including Group Accounting policies
- Lead and manage the finance functions of joint ventures and associated companies
- One up review the Group’s Monthly Financial Reports and highlight to Executive Committee on major findings
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial statements for all companies in the Group and the Group Annual Report
- Review of financial information/reports and advise management on variances, trends and irregularities – and recommend actions where necessary
- In-charge of External Audit & all Taxation matters
- Lead and manage the finance team and to set Department strategies and goals
- Ensure general efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance function
- Formulate finance strategies with Chief Financial Officer, including but not limited to foreign exchange, borrowing costs, balance sheet and working capital management, top and bottom line management, etc.
- Coordination of banking matters and treasury matters with the Banking & Treasury team – Loans, Documentation, Foreign Exchange, Interest Rates, Derivatives, etc.
- Ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the systems and processes deployed by the Group for financial reporting and accounting
- Ensure high standards of internal controls and uphold the reporting standards for the Group;
- Work with Group Finance Director in all other finance-related matters necessary to fulfill the functions of a Finance Department for the Group.
- Degree in Accountancy
- Minimum 10 years of related work experience of which 5 years in managerial capacity
- Having SAP experience is a bonus
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding!