We are looking for an experienced and highly analytical Global Port Operations Manager for one of our global shipping clients to join their regional operations and port agency team. The Global Port Operations Manager will be responsible to deliver a competitively structured regional operational infrastructure to enhance their liner trades network proposition through the development of innovative, marketing leading operational & competitively priced solutions and key supplier partnerships.
The ideal candidate would have at least 8-10 years of shipping operations and management experience and has proven experience in people management, leadership and development. He/she would have comprehensive knowledge of the commercial, technical, legal and regional aspects of shipping operations and management.
- Has overall responsibility to provide leadership and management of the regional operations and port agency team.
- Accountable for the day-to-day responsibility of the regional operational network with focus on productivity and cost effectiveness of service providers, standardization across trade operations and delivery of best practice across regional offices.
- Strategic Projects:
- Formulate and implement key operational initiatives and projects including development of regional hubs.
- Deliver a robust & sustainable operational presence in the Company’s Shipping network that meets the future growth needs of the liner trades
- Manage and develop port and stevedoring service provider partnerships aligned with the Fortress Pacific operating strategy and underpin the Company’s service proposition
- Business Improvement:
- To implement a structured business improvement framework that optimizes performance of service providers and promotes “Raising the Bar” initiatives across the regional port operations.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement in all aspects of operations
- Development of innovative solutions for key commodities / cargoes that enhance the Liner Trades competitive advantage and add value to the Company’s top customers.
- Assist the Commercial teams’ effectiveness in delivering Winning Customer goals.
- Operational/ Service Delivery
- Terminal & Stevedoring Contracts/Vendor management: Promote and communicate “zero harm” across network service providers. Accountability for regional cost control, budgeting and forecasting as well as port estimating processes
- Port & Berth Productivity: Ensure continuous focus on cost efficiency targets, productivity improvements and cargo care
- Regulatory Authorities – Quarantine / Customs / Port Authorities: Represent the company at operational/technical industry forums and institutions
- Marine Services/Port Agency: Accountability for regional cost control, budgeting and forecasting as well as port estimating processes
- Overall responsibility for leadership of regional operational excellence projects
- Overall responsibility for leadership and management of the regional operations and port agency team. Ensure regional and agency teams are competitively structured and optimally resourced.
- Focus to be effectively leading regional teams centrally with more than 75% of time office based.
- Management of regional cost budgets and key service provider negotiations
- Practical hands-on marine experience gained in a senior seafaring role and 10 years of shore-based senior management experience in shipping-related businesses.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the commercial, technical, legal and regional aspects of shipping operations and management.
- Good Knowledge of general macro-economic principles and international trade
- Proven experience in people management, leadership and development
- Demonstrated ability to proactively strategise and plan effectively and deliver outcomes in a competitive business environment.
- Accountable for individual and team output and results with strong focused on results, profitability and performance.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding