We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Fleet Manager for a global Shipowner company. The Fleet Manager will be responsible for overseeing the technical management of the company’s owned fleet of vessels, as well as monitoring the performance of third-party ship managers who manage their vessels.
The ideal candidate should possess strong leadership and management skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working structures, set KPIs to measure the overall performance of the fleet and communicate effectively with the team. Additionally, the candidate must be able to provide sound technical advice and guidance when required and possess strong influencing and problem-solving skills with a strategic mindset.
- Lead and manage a team of Technical Superintendents to oversee all aspects of the technical management of the vessels including but not limited to safe operations, safety, compliance, crew management, maintenance, and cost control.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and adoption of industry best practices.
- Oversee and manage the overall budget for the procurement of services, ship spares and stores for the company’s fleet of vessels while ensuring the operational reliability of the vessels are kept to a high standard.
- Set up, review and monitor KPIs for the Technical team and the overall vessels’ performance of the company fleet of vessels and the company’s fleet under 3rd party ship management.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with crew members, shore staff, and both internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective communication and collaboration.
- Manage risk associated with vessel operations and maintenance.
- Monitor vessel performance and provide regular reports to senior management.
- Provide strong leadership and guidance to the technical management team.
- At least 5 years of working experience as a fleet manager managing conventional vessels.
- Proven track record in leading a technical team and managing the company’s fleet of vessels.
- Proven track record in bringing in good work structure and establishing accountabilities into the technical management team of the company
- Strong knowledge of regulatory compliance and keep abreast of technological advancement in the industry
- Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
If you are a highly motivated and experienced Fleet Manager with a passion for excellence, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Thank you for your understanding!