We are looking for an experienced Fleet Manager for one of our global shipping clients. The candidate would be responsible to oversee their technical, crewing and operation team so as to ensure the safe and efficient operations of the company’s assigned fleet of offshore vessels. The ideal candidate would have at least 10 years of technical management of vessels experience and at least 5 years of managerial experience as Assistant/Fleet Manager in similar capacity.
- Oversee and manage the local and regional technical teams to handle the technical, operational, dry docking and repairs including budgetary control of the assigned fleet of vessels.
- Review, approve and monitor the fleet and crew budgets and reporting monthly variances.
- Set, implement and monitor the department annual KPIs and monitor the fleet performance against the KPIs.
- Present and give timely update of the vessels ‘performance, improvements, corrective actions and projects to management.
- Review past vessel performance and develop strategic plans for shipboard management
- Carry out ship visits and conduct internal audits when required and work closely with teams on matters pertaining to the safe and efficient operations of the vessels.
- Ensure all non-conformities are thoroughly addressed and preventive and corrective actions are implemented.
- Coach and develop team members and motivate the team to meet the company’s high standard on HSEQ requirements of the vessels.
- Certificate of Competency Class 1 and Minimum 10 years of relevant working experience working ashore in an offshore ship owner/ ship management environment.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience managing/ supervising a team of technical superintendents.
- Having experience in managing offshore vessels will be an advantage
- Self-driven and has proven track record in using your leadership skills to ensure the safe and quality operation of the vessels.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding!