We are looking for an experienced Fleet Manager for one of our global shipowner clients. The candidate would be responsible to oversee a team of Technical Superintendents to manage the safe and efficient operations of the company’s assigned fleet of vessels. The ideal candidate would have at least 10 years of technical management of vessels experience and at least 2 years of managerial experience as Assistant/Fleet Manager in a similar capacity.
- Oversee and manage a team of Technical Superintendents to handle the full technical, operational, dry docking and repairs including budgetary control of the assigned fleet of vessels.
- Review, approve and monitor the fleet budget and reporting monthly variances.
- Set, implement and monitor the department annual KPIs and monitor the fleet performance against the KPIs.
- Present and give timely update of the vessels ‘performance, improvements, corrective actions and projects to management.
- Review past vessel performance and develop strategic plans for shipboard management
- Carry out ship visits and conduct internal audits when required and work closely with team on matters pertaining to the safe and pollution free operations of the vessels.
- Ensure all non-conformities are thoroughly addressed and preventive and corrective actions are implemented.
- Coach and develop team members and motivate the team to meet the company’s high standard on HSEQ requirements of the vessels.
- Take responsibility for safety of self and those of the team seriously and displaying of safety leadership principles.
- Certificate of Competency Class 1 and Minimum 10 years of relevant working experience working ashore in a ship owner/ ship management environment.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience managing/ supervising a team of technical superintendents.
- Having experience in managing bulk carrier/ heavy lift vessels/ containers will be an advantage
- Self-driven and has proven track record in using your leadership skills to ensure the safe and quality operation of the vessels.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding!