We are looking for a proactive Fleet Efficiency Officer for a global shipping client. The Fleet Efficiency Officer will be responsible to monitor vessel performance and manage fuel performance of the company’s fleet of vessels and maximize cost savings from lower fuel consumption, off hire deductions etc. for the company.
The ideal candidate would have Class 1 COC (Engineering) or at least Class 2 COC with minimum 2 years sea service as 2/E. He/she would possess good experience in big data management and proficient in Microsoft tools such as Excel, Power BI, PowerPoint with good analytical mind-set.
- Monitoring vessel performance for company’s vessels (Owned/Chartered-in/Chartered-out)
- Managing the fuel performance of company’s operated / chartered-in vessels
- Maximizing cost savings from lower fuel consumption, off hire deductions, etc
- Crisis Management (safety, security, environment) – providing close monitoring and support to all key stakeholders
- Tracking & optimizing Carbon footprint/GHG emissions
- Analyzing the route recommendations from the vendor and proposing new routing optimisation opportunities to vessel taking into consideration the company’s specific restrictions/ requirements
- Engage onsigning Masters and Chief Engineers as part of briefing programme to explain the department’s role and their support required on-board for win-win outcome
- Focal point for all engineering queries, reviews, initiatives and improvement opportunities
- Ensure Traffic Management module is maintained and monitor inputs by agencies
- Maintain comprehensive Port Cards Database for reference by all parties including but not limited to Network Planning team, Operations Teams, Vessel Master
- Willing to work under a shift-based watch keeping system
- Class 1 COC (Engineering) ideally, at the very least Class 2 COC with minimum 2 years sea service as 2/E.
- Working experience in a similar role for a major Shipping Line will be advantageous but not mandatory
- Possess good experience in big data management and proficient in Microsoft tools such as Excel, Power BI, PowerPoint
- Self-motivated, energetic individual with strong analytical mind-set.
- Possess very good communication skills and has worked with multicultural teams
- Able to influence/lead discussions with stakeholders in achieving desired results.
- Team player with collaborative spirit and outcome focused traits is required.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.