We are looking for an experienced and highly analytical Finance Manager for one of our global shipping clients. The Finance Manager will be responsible to for general accounting, reporting and audit activities of the Company and its subsidiaries. The ideal candidate would have a strong understanding of the International Financial Reporting Standards and would have at least 5 years of experience working in asset heavy industries and/or working in similar capacity in shipowner entities.
Financial Reporting Matters
- Serve as the finance owner and internal control point for Chart of Accounts taking into consideration both financial and management reporting
- Lead the financial reporting and actively plan and manage quarterly reporting with relevant stakeholders.
- Evaluate the impact of developments in the financial reporting, tax and regulatory regime and recommend course of action to ensure compliance
- Ensure the integrity of financial data used for financial and management reporting
- Ensure all group accounting policies and reporting processes are documented and kept-up-to date.
Tax and compliance Matters
- Lead the audit of the Group and its subsidiaries (excluding UK Tonnage tax entities) and ensure prompt and timely completion of external audits
- Ensure compliance of statutory matters of the Group
- Responsible for tax reporting, including GST, corporate tax, withholding tax
- Degree in Accountancy or recognizable accounting qualification-ACCA/CPA
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in maritime/ offshore/ asset heavy industry
- Strong foundation in accounting, controls, processes, and financial reporting
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and ability to research and interpret accounting guidance and draft accounting memos to support outcomes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Possess professional ethics and integrity
- Good team player and fluent in written and spoken English