We are looking for an experienced Enterprise Solution Architect for one of our global shipping clients. The responsibility of the Enterprise Solution Architect is to create high quality solution designs which address all architectural concerns including business, information, application and infrastructure.
He/she is responsible for developing concept leveraging on latest technology to achieve the user requirements and will work closely with the Application Manager and other solution architects to design systems, including the integration with the 3rd party external systems.
- Involve and responsible for design of overall cloud architecture including technology, system and application software.
- Responsible for setting up the design and development standards to be aligned across the development team.
- Responsible for advising development and infrastructure teams on full range of Azure cloud technology usage and implementation (from DevSecOps, Containers & Microservices, Security, DRaaS, etc).
- Analyze (to-be) business problems and opportunities and designs technical solutions (Data Science, AI, ML, …) that will bring values to the business
- Own the Architecture solution and drive the delivery of the solution. Focusing on delivery, compliance (security) and adherence to project milestones.
- Works with all IT functions to ensure the solution is covered from inception to Production support – ensuring the solution is compliant.
- Highlights the Key architectural use cases and ensures Architectural principles are covered in the High-level design.
- Work with the Head of Technology to drive the realization of the architecture into the design detail, where applicable adopting the 4+1 architectural view.
- Undertake project management responsibility when required for architecture related projects.
- Advice in business and IT planning.
- Present the proposed architecture to IT & business stakeholders
- “Sell” the architecture process, its outcome and ongoing results.
- To be responsible as well for the integration and implementation with 3rd party products and/or COTS.
- Participate in decision-making process around technology strategy, conduct analysis on technical viability of solutions and provide guidance on delivery of complex projects.
- Conduct research around best practices and/or new concepts and to adequately communicate and document such created solutions. These engagements extend to third party platforms and tools which the Architect will undertake to pursue with the respective third party technical designates.
- Liaise with vendors on scope, milestone and acceptance criteria of architecture related projects
- Degree in Computer Engineering/ Science and Certified TOGAF, Azure Architect
- Proficient with Well-Architected framework and forward looking on cloud related technology
- Have at least 6 years relevant experience in leading the design, development, implementation of large scale and highly available enterprise-wide architecture systems with complex and diverse integration with other applications and systems;
- Able to review existing XPF business environment and technology landscape; to strategize and develop a solid architecture roadmap for technology transformation for the next 3-5 years
- Highly experienced with cloud native development in Azure using Containers/Kubernetes, data streaming platform (preferably Confluent),
- Depth of experience with web application and database design considerations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Technology (OS, SQL, Azure – IaaS, PaaS, etc).
- Knowledgeable in enterprise architecture – especially covering .Net and Java Enterprise solutions.
- Leads POCs to spearhead development initiatives to support the business.
- Works closely with the Team members in IT Delivery, IT Operations and IT Central Services.
- Highly experienced in the practical application of Architecture in supporting change and day to day operations;
- Preferably with experience in delivering change within the shipping Industry, including experience in both large-scale programs and projects as well as smaller-scale change requests. Must include practical understanding of software development lifecycles and methods, including requirements definition and testing in both waterfall and Agile environments.
- Project management skills and the ability to prepare and give presentations.
- Possess a proven and successful track record in delivering complex IT projects/programs.
- Ability to communicate with the business clients in non-technical terms.
- UK MNC and good corporate culture
- 5-day work week (Centralised location)
- AWS Only
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding!