We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Electro Superintendent for a global shipping client. The candidate will be responsible for the daily operation of their fleet of vessels and also participate in existing projects including dry-dockings and vessel conversions. The ideal candidate would have good knowledge of Ex-and High Voltage installations, Knowledge of Integrated Automation Systems, Integrated Navigation Systems and equipment, including Radio/GMDSS. Having experience from Kongsberg Maritime installations will be an advantage.
- Technical support to fleet and management of electrical/automation projects.
- Supervising the onboard electro technicians in workmanship to secure a uniform practice and building competence.
- Assist Technical Superintendents with dry docking planning and execution including onboard and yard visits.
- Monitor industry developments and relevant rules and regulations, proactively recognizing changes, and trends.
- Review risk exposure related to the department/vessels and recommend corresponding control measure(s) to mitigate risk.
- Develop plans for improvement, upgrades, and replacements on electro/automation systems through lifetime of the ships, in cooperation with Technical Superintendents.
- Prepare plans and cost estimates for the fleet as input for the budgeting process.
- Actively participate in the development of maintenance strategy, pursue opportunities for operational efficiencies, maximizing efficient use of all resources and drive safe and cost-effective operational standards.
- Follow-up assigned service agreements and the use of sub-contractors on electrical/automation projects.
- Onboard visits as required in and supporting docking- and conversion projects at site.
- Ensure compliance with applicable rules, regulations and customer requirements, within area of responsibility.
- Education at bachelor level, or higher, within electro and automation, or relevant education.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant sea/shore-based work experience
- Good knowledge of Ex- and High Voltage installations.
- Knowledge of Integrated Automation Systems, Integrated Navigation Systems and equipment, including Radio/GMDSS.
- Interest within data-related topics, e.g. cyber security, programming, cloud solutions, etc.
- Good communication skills
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.