We are looking for an energetic and proactive Vessel Operator for a global and leading shipowner MNC. The ideal candidate would have at least 3 years of experience in shipping and at least 1 year of vessel operations experience (preferably in dry bulk or tankers and/or with the shipowner, post-fixture operator, ship agency, or brokering house) and having good experience with IMOS. Candidates who can start work at short notice will be an added advantage.
If you like to join a forward-looking organisation with a dynamic, young and vibrant work culture, here’s a very good job opportunity for you!
* Maximize profits through efficient and effective management of the end-to-end operations of voyage and time-chartered vessels while ensuring compliance with Charter Party (CP) requirements.
* Establish and maintain transparent and professional relationships with charterers, head owners (for chartered in vessels) and between fleet vessels, brokers, charterers and agents.
* Engage in all pre and post fixture support with the Chartering team for information regarding vessel requirements, questionnaires, certification and scheduling; and the fleet and manning teams for vessel movements and scheduling.
* Convey voyage and time-charter instructions and expectations to Ship Masters, including follow up, compliance monitoring and recording all details of voyage performance for off-hire, stoppages and delays.
* Optimize voyages by taking a proactive approach to plan and manage route planning, weather routing, cargo stowage planning, bunker planning and appointment of port agents, etc.
* Liaise with Ship Master and Head of Operations to ensure load port/discharge port planning and hold cleanliness comply with requirements.
* Negotiate claims and respond promptly and effectively; take a proactive approach in resolving problems.
* Arrange routine invoicing and funding for voyage costs, including agency appointments, tugs, non-compulsory pilotage and surveyors’ attendance.
Qualifications & Experience
* Minimum Degree in Maritime Studies or other relevant qualifications.
* At least 3 years’ experience in shipping or commercial and operations
* Good Experience with IMOS
* Possess excellent communication and customer service skills.
* Organized, analytical, and good interpersonal skills
* Dry Bulk experience will be an added advantage
* This role is only open to everyone that is based and working in Singapore only.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding!