We are looking for an energetic and proactive Vessel Operations Manager for a global ship operating MNC. The ideal candidate would have at least 2-3 year of dry bulk vessel operations experience and having good experience with IMOS.
- Plan, implement, execute, monitor and manage vessels operations for allocated voyage or time-chartered vessels. Operate vessels as required in respect to business requirements. Able to operate 8-10 vessel’s at any given time.
- Interact with other operations managers and commercial desk heads (and / or other books they work with) to ensure we are sharing information proactively and addressing issues as they arise
- Be responsible for optimizing voyage results by working toward improving the bottom line on every voyage and time charter. Constantly monitor and emphasize his team members to check through voyage operations software to avoid entry errors and discrepancies that result in artificial PNL swings
- Play an important role in managing customer relationships in coordination with commercial desk heads and the global operations manager through follow-up on assigned customers (customers’ database, active engagement in building customer knowledge and relationship, amongst others)
- Play an important role in managing supplier relationships in coordination with commercial desk heads and the global operations manager
- Diploma/ Degree from maritime studies/ shipping
- 2-3+ years of relevant work experience, ideally with dry bulk vessels
- Sailing experience as Senior Officer will be an advantage
- Fluent in English essential with other languages, Chinese, Hindi an advantage
- Shipping System IMOS and SEDNA
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding!