We are looking for a commercial minded and experienced Decarbonization & Sustainable Development Manager for a global shipping client. The manager will be responsible for all decarbonation & sustainability plans and activities of the company.
The ideal candidate would have excellent knowledge in Environmental compliance or alternative fuels and has experience in developing business proposals and business models and has a great understanding of the different business models for each shipping segment and interaction between commercial and technical management of vessels.
- Ensure all decarbonization actions identified in the decarbonization roadmap are executed
- Develop decarbonization supply chains for the supply of green fuels as required
- Project Manager/Support/Lead initiatives in the decarbonisation area, including support to projects with chartered in tonnage, facilitation of Energy Efficiency Technology Projects in non-owned fleet
- Prepare models/support feasibility studies for the adoption of alternative fuels both with owned fleet and chartered in fleet
- Set up/Maintain databases for alternative fuel suppliers, Energy Efficiency Technologies and future global and regional environmental regulations
- Prepare/develop supply chain for hydrogen based alternative fuels by contacting potential manufacturers and develop supply chain for the bunkering of the fuels in the chosen ports
- Set up a process for the supply of biofuels in chosen ports. Investigate possibility of supply of biofuels in ports where currently it is not available
- Develop a database with known/contacted suppliers of alternative fuels worldwide
- Support adoption of biofuels in chartered-in fleet.
Energy Efficiency Technology (EET)
- Develop and maintain a database of Energy Efficiency Technology (EET)
- Support the adoption of EET in chartered in fleet
- Develop/maintain a database of current and future, global and regional including MBM schemes
- When necessary, represent the organisation in suitable events
- When requested, represent the organisation in University studies or working groups in collaborative platforms
- Developing models and proposals both internal and external in the area of alternative fuels and ELT
- Providing support to the organisation in the area of decarbonisation in preparing models and proposals to assist business development/commercial teams
- Identifying potential alliances and partnerships across the shipping’s value chain
- 10 years of experience in either Business Development or Commercial Shipping, Environmental Compliance or Similar Maritime background. Knowledge Environmental Compliance or Alternative Fuels is an advantage.
- Maritime or Business qualification including Business Administration, Naval Architect or Marine Engineer, sea-going officer.
- Proven track record in developing and executing business proposals and business models
- Good business acumen and commercially aware
- Good understanding of the different business models for each shipping segment and interaction between commercial and technical management of vessels will be an advantage.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.