Our client is looking for an experienced and proactive Crewing Manager to join their organisation to manage overall crewing matters and crew policies of their fleet of offshore vessels. The ideal candidate would have proven track record in providing strong leadership and managing a team of crewing personnel in an offshore/shipping company. He/she would have overall responsibility to ensure that the offshore vessels are always manned with competent and qualified seafarers and has the ability to maintain good relationship with the charterers, crew unions, manning agencies and etc.
- Provide leadership and overall management of the crewing department and ensure that they carried out their work in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures
- Develop and implement crewing strategy to identify, recruit and retain the crew
- Overall responsible for the recruitment, performance management, Crew disciplinary/grievances management and mandatory trainings of the crew
- Guide and provide operational guidance to Crewing Executives for all crewing related issues
- Ensure proper maintenance of all records of manning agencies’ reports and internal audits and ensure all findings/NC’s are properly addressed and closed
- Partner with the Fleet Department on Crew Engagement activities– Levels of satisfaction, welfare, motivation.
- Manage Crew budget as well as crew insurance coverage and ensure that it complied with the company’s P&I insurance and also with CBAs.
- Other ad-hoc matters
- Minimum 8 years of relevant crewing or ship management experience, and at least 3 years of experience leading/managing a small team in maritime/offshore industry.
- Minimum degree in maritime/business or any related disciplines
- Comprehensive knowledge of the offshore/ shipping employment model, crewing and manning function, payroll processes, income taxes, insurance and other statutory regulations is a must.
- Good financial knowledge of budgets and maintaining cost control
- Has worked in a multi-cultural working environment, with a proven track record of meeting crewing demands and targets
- Excellent communication skills – written and spoken English
- Able to meet tight deadlines and can multitask
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com. We regret that this position is only open to local and SPRs. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.