We are looking for an experienced and detailed oriented Crewing Officer for one of our global shipping clients. The Crewing Officer will be responsible to handle all employment contracts of the Crew and ensure compliance with the marine industry regulatory and certification legislation including but not limited to ISM Code, STCW, MLC 2006 and applicable collective bargaining agreements. The ideal candidate would have the full understanding of the Crew employment structures and be the point of contact for all crew employment and crew operational matters.
- Responsible for all crew on assigned fleet of vessels.
- Administer all Crew Details coming from the various Crewing offices.
- Responsible to prepare and issue Seafarers Agreement to the Crew.
- Ensure prompt return of signed Seafarers Agreement from crew and acknowledge receipt
- Collate all signed SEAs and upload into Ship sure
- Ensure all documents are maintained and up to date in the system.
- Assist Manager in Disciplinary / Grievance investigation, process and Trade Union negotiations.
- Support General Manager in legal discussion and weekly meetings with various offices and stake holders.
- Assist Manager in the transfer of new business and exit of existing business, not limited to redundancies and TUPE.
- Assist Payroll team in salary verification during pay period and to provide support to the Payroll officer during payroll period.
- Minimum a Diploma in Maritime courses or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience as crew administrator in the maritime industry
- Attention to detail and is a critical thinker
- Good communications and written skills.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a multi-location team.
- Having global knowledge of Employment Act, Payroll processes and other relevant statutory regulatory will be an advantage.