We are looking for an analytical and energetic Commodity Trading Analyst for one of our global commodity trading clients. The candidate will be responsible to support management reporting, analysis and development of the company’s business. The ideal candidate would have at least 5 years’ experience in commercial analyst work, takes initiative, challenge existing ideas and has strong analytical and problem-solving skills. The candidate must be able to work well independently as well as in a highly collaborative team environment.
• Structure and coordinate the regional research function – working closely with their trading/ research team globally.
• Produce origin and grade specific balance sheets for the commodities for the region.
• Development of domestic balance sheets and those feeding the global supply and demand balances.
• Maintenance of hedge matrices tracking the flow of flat price risk from farmer to hedger
• Verify the accuracy of cost of production estimates, and model historical time series accordingly.
• Maintenance of import parity matrices and corresponding historical time series
• Produce trading recommendations through analysis of stocks/use, net supply and demand balances etc. Identify significant correlations between balance sheet movements and relevant price time series and test for significance.
• Act as the lead analyst for the commodity. This involves proposal of strategies in view of the supply and demand outlook, contribution to the debate of proposed strategies, formulation of conclusions and review of strategy implementation.
• Analyse possible capex investments in the context of the relevant supply and demand outlook.
• Min. 5 years of experience in analytical role – ideally within commodities.
• Prior exposure to soft or agriculture markets beneficial.
• University degree – preferably in Agricultural Economics, Econometrics, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Natural Sciences or Engineering.
• Strong logical reasoning and interest in the functioning of markets and its underlying causes.
• Analytical skills with a focus on fundamentally founded statistical analysis.
• Lateral thinker, inquisitive, demanding of self and others.
• Ability to prioritize and to produce high quality work under time pressure.
• Strong communication and presentation skills (both written and oral).
• Ability to absorb and interpret large quantities of information.
• MS Office; sound knowledge of Access or statistical analysis packages beneficial.
• Willingness to travel when required.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.