We are actively seeking an experienced and dynamic Senior/Chartering Manager (Breakbulk Vessels) for a global shipping client. As the Chartering Manager will manage the commercial aspects of vessel operations, including chartering, negotiations, and building strong business relationships. The ideal candidate would have at least 5 years of relevant experience in the field and have proven track record in ensuring success and profitability of the vessel operations for the company.
• Manage and oversee the chartering activities for vessels owned by the company.
• Secure charter contracts by negotiating terms, rates, and other conditions with charterers or brokers.
• Evaluate charter inquiries and decide on the best terms and conditions to maximize the profitability of each charter.
• Responsible to forge strong relationships with industrial clients and tonnage providers and to actively seek and grow customer base and establishing new accounts, and to secure foothold on key clients/trades.
• Identifying business opportunities related to cargoes & tonnage.
• Conduct thorough market analysis to assess market conditions, trends, and demand for different types of vessels and cargoes.
• Develop chartering strategies based on market insights to optimize vessel deployment, revenue generation, and operational efficiency.
• Responsible for operating cargoes & ships, monitoring voyage performance and be responsible for the final P&L.
• Monitor charter performance and financial aspects, analyze revenue, costs, and profitability of charter contracts.
• Generate regular reports for management, summarizing chartering activities, financial performance, and market trends.
• University graduate/ Master Mariner/ Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers
• Manager/ Senior Manager: 8 to 10 years in a relevant role or more
• Assistant Manager: 5 to 7 years in a relevant role or more
• Have strong foundation in chartering, shipbroking, arbitrage freight trading both on physicals and FFA markets.
• Possess extensive global network of ship owners/tonnage providers and charterers.
• Have good understanding of the freight market, and possess good market judgement requiring intuitive sense, feel and trading experience.
• Possess good negotiation skills, market insights and a strategic mindset to navigate the complexities of chartering operations.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.