We are looking for a self-driven and experienced Chartering professional for a chemical tanker shipowner MNC. You will be responsible for navigating the intricate landscape of chemical tanker chartering by conducting meticulous market research, evaluating charterers’ creditworthiness, and negotiating and concluding diverse voyage contracts.
The ideal candidate would have at least one year of working experiences working as Chartering Executive/ Vessel operator. Those with proven track record as Chartering Executive can be considered for a Senior position.
- Market Research:
Conduct thorough market research to stay informed about industry trends, market conditions, and competitive landscape.
Analyze market data to identify potential opportunities and risks for chemical tanker chartering.
- Charterers’ Credit Research:
Evaluate the creditworthiness of potential charterers to assess risk and make informed decisions.
Maintain up-to-date credit information on existing charterers.
- Voyage Contract Conclusions:
Negotiate and conclude various types of voyage contracts, including Contracts of Affreightment (COA) and Spot contracts.
Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements in all contractual agreements.*
- Vessel Voyage Program Management:
Schedule and manage vessel voyage programs efficiently, considering factors such as vessel specifications, cargo compatibility, and optimal routes.
Collaborate with ship operators and other stakeholders to ensure smooth execution of voyage plans.
- Itinerary Updates:
Regularly update and communicate the vessel’s itinerary to charterers and brokers.
Address changes or deviations promptly and provide alternative solutions when necessary.
- Budget Management:
– Develop and manage budgets related to chartering activities, including voyage expenses and revenue projections.
– Monitor budget performance and implement cost-saving measures where applicable.
- Voyage Estimations and Reporting:
Provide accurate and timely voyage estimations, taking into account fuel costs, port charges, and other relevant factors.
Prepare and present weekly and monthly reports detailing key performance indicators and financial results.
- Outstanding Accounts Management:
Monitor and manage outstanding accounts receivable, ensuring timely and accurate invoicing to charterers.
Collaborate with the finance team to address any discrepancies or payment delays.
- Management of Outstanding B/L, LOI:
Oversee the management of outstanding Bills of Lading (B/L) and Letters of Indemnity (LOI).
Work closely with legal and claims departments to resolve any issues related to B/L and LOI.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Maritime Studies, or a related field.
- Proven experience in chemical tanker chartering or a related field.
- Strong understanding of shipping regulations, market dynamics, and financial principles.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in relevant software and tools for chartering and voyage management.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.