Our client is a fast-growing commercial ship operating company which is part of an established shipping and trading group. They are currently looking for an energetic and proactive Chartering cum Vessel Operator to join their chartering team. The ideal candidate would have at least 1-2 years of dry vessel operations/ Chartering experience in owners or charterers/ operation desk.
Reporting to the Director of Chartering, he/she will be responsible for the following duties but not limited to:
- Assist the chartering team in chartering related activities
- Source for optimal shipping solution for the cargo, monitor market freight rates movement, provide regular evaluation, and market analysis.
- Negotiate Charter Party terms and requirements
- Forecast and analyze market conditions to optimize trading opportunities
- Expand and develop contacts with principals from both Owners and Charterers
- Secure spot and forward cargoes/COAs/tonnages to cover position
- Minimum Diploma in a related discipline from a reputed school/university.
- Must be proficient with good experience, minimum 2-3 years in pre and post fixture operations of Dry Bulk Carriers in Owners or Charterers/or operation desk.
- Good network of dry bulk cargo owners and ship owners in the Atlantic/Pacific regions.
- Results oriented with proactive approach and takes initiative.
- Good working environment and team culture
- Competitive remuneration
- Centralised location
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding