One of our shipping clients is looking for a proactive and energetic Chartering Assistant to join them. Their ideal candidate is someone who has a flair in numbers, can present themselves well and enjoy working-on-the-go and has a sense of urgency to get things done.
Reporting to the Chartering Manager, he/she will:
- Provide general support with regards to negotiations and charter parties (e.g. prepare voyage estimates, assist in drafting and administrating charter-party terms);
- Compile routine reports of vessels’ commercial operational performance to facilitate efficient chartering activities;
- Maintain up-to-date vessel datasheets for marketing purposes;
- Maintain voyage and fixture data in the voyage-management software application (IMOS);
- Assist in preparing market and business performance reports (e.g. competition movement and market shares);
- Assist in maintaining and improving business relations with customers (e.g. prepare customer reviews, presentations and customer visits).
- An excellent communicator and negotiator, independent but also be a good team player.
- Willing to travel to meet business contacts, attends conferences and other industry related events as and when required.
- Minimum Diploma in Maritime courses, but degree is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication and reporting skills in English;
- Candidates with 1-2 years business development experience and fresh maritime graduates with a can-do working attitude and strong interpersonal skills are welcome to apply