We are looking for a proactive Cargo Flow/ Capacity Management Executive/ Assistant Manager for our global shipping clients. The Cargo Flow/ Capacity Management Executive/ Assistant Manager will be responsible to assists in capacity planning and management, making recommendations on cargo mixtures based on profit maximisation and customer demand, and proposing alternatives and contingencies to handle capacity issues.
The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years working in container shipping or freight-forwarding industry, with Cargo flow/ capacity management experience and has good proficiency in Microsoft Excel, especially with Vlookup and Pivot Table. He/she will possess an innovative mind-set and is also able to apply good logic and reasoning when problem solving and making decisions.
Manage sector capacity planning
- Support cargo optimisation of vessels by providing recommendations on cargo mixtures based on profit maximisation and customer demand
- Assist in cargo flow operation management within service routes
- Develop alternative proposals and contingencies to handle capacity issues
- Communicate with partners regarding the weight and volume of cargo bookings based on vessel sharing agreements
- Support communications with network planning team to identify network changes and develop solutions for affected routes
Manage vessel operations planning
- Coordinate cargo handling and transhipment operations with port operators, ship planning teams, cargo consignees and other key stakeholders based on vessel characteristics, trade requirements, vessel booking and docking schedules
- Collaborate with yard planners and ship planning teams when handling container-specific cargo to optimise cargo operations in terminals (e.g. vessel turn-around time, lift-ons and lift-offs, and trans-shipment cargo allocations)
- Support cargo re-distribution allocation with a focus on optimising vessel utilisation and reducing cost
- Collaborate with ship planning teams to manage risks by ensuring dangerous cargo is handled correctly based on weight calculations and fit of containers within each shipment
- Evaluate daily operations and conduct capacity forecasts to enhance stowage plans and management of capacity issues
Optimise voyage and route planning
- Track vessel movements and assist in ad hoc route adjustments
- Liaise with agency offices regarding market trends, and investigate causes for sudden increase or decrease in cargo projections
- Analyse monthly voyage results to determine variations against voyage plans
- Assist in process improvements to maximise voyage yields and minimising operational expenses, by participating in monthly forecast reviews
- Tertiary education or above, preferably in shipping, logistics management or business administration.
- Ideally 2-3 years working experience in the container shipping or freight-forwarding industry, with Capacity management experience. Those with Pricing experience may also applies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, especially with Vlookup and Pivot Table
- Strong communication skills and customer oriented
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding!