We are looking for an energetic and proactive Trainee Bunker Trader for one of our global shipping companies to join their fast-paced and dynamic workplace. Candidates joining in this role are expected to gain first-hand knowledge in the bunker industry with the aim to become successful bunker traders once the training process is completed.
Throughout training, they will learn the operational aspects of bunker deliveries, work closely with Senior Bunker Traders and with the development and sales team of the company’s digital bunker supply platform.
The ideal candidate would be someone highly confident, is proactive and has a strong interest in the shipping and the bunker trading markets and possess excellent communications skills. He/she would have at least 2 years of business development experience in the maritime industry.
· Understand the information sharing between Agent, Supplier, Customer and Surveyors.
· Assist in managing BOS and the Customer Portal, to keep surveyor information and the status of live operations up to date.
· Monitoring fixtures.
· Assisting the Claims department in gathering relevant information.
· Escalating incidents to Account Managers and Customer Traders.
Marine Fuel Benchmarking Platform:
· Conduct market research to identify and contact prospective new users for the platform.
· Market the e-platform to third party customers to increase the user engagement and build your own customer portfolio.
· Provide the confidence to new users that will encourage new customers for company.
· Cold calling
· Develop a healthy sales pipeline
· Develop an approach to sales that suits his/her personality in order to maximise his/her effectiveness
Qualification and Experience Required
· An excellent communicator and negotiator, independent but also be a good team player.
· Having Maritime/ shipping experience will be an advantage
· Proactive, self-driven, meticulous, and highly organised
· Candidates with 1-2 years business development experience (Shipping is preferred) and fresh graduates with a can-do working attitude and strong interpersonal skills are welcome to apply.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.