We are looking for an experienced Bunker Procurement Manager for one of our shipping clients. Reporting to the Head of Operations, the candidate will be primarily responsible to monitor and present the strategy to optimise bunker procurement and supply, including long term contracts. He/she will support the marine operations in bunkers supply and replenishment to vessels and ensuring provision of safe operating margin for performance of the voyage. The ideal candidate would have at least 3-5 years in bunker trading/ procurement capacity and has good knowledge of various platforms for tracking and proven track record in evaluating bunker procurement strategies.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Bunkers Procurement for Fleet Ships
- Liaise with Operation Manager/ Superintendent and vessel for bunker quantity requirement and if rework of estimation is required, to follow up till an acceptable quantity is determined and timely supply is completed.
- Internally liaise with Operation Manager/ Superintendents for bunker quantity requirement and Technical Department on port locations that are able to meet vessel’s bunker specifications.
- Follow up on the quality/quantity claims to proactively reduce expose of the company to fuel quantity/quality issues
- Source for right quotation/ price, evaluate and confirm supplier with endorsement from Commercial Department on the bunker price.
- Communicate bunker nomination to supplier, vessel, agent and related parties in the Company and follow up on status of surveyor appointment till bunkers lifting.
- Maintain Bunkering Module for all bunkering events, claims and follow up.
- LNG bunker procurements for D/F container/fleet ships.
Disputes Handling & Resolution on Quantity and Quality
- Review and negotiate with supplier/ broker on dispute to achieve an amicable settlement with approval from Management.
- Update and maintain records of the disputes and invoices settlement.
- Coordinate the arrangement of de-bunkering, if required.
- Evaluate and assess Bunker suppliers on an annual basis, share and maintain records.
- Manage relationship with Bunker Quantity surveying companies, vessel operators, crews and suppliers and other stakeholder on efficient claims management
ISO procedures and requirements
- Administer, review and enforce the ISO procedures and requirements for bunkering procurement and dispute resolution process.
- Follow up on NCRs and other ISO documentation & procedural requirements.
- Update on new regulations and requirements for Bunker sulphur requirements and assist in effecting necessary procedural changes.
Updates to Management
- Provide periodical updates to the Management with the goal of better strategizing the procurement and supply.
- Guide, evaluate and suggest term contract/fixed pricing or other available tools to optimize bunker procurement.
- To strive to have the organization access to the most optimally priced quality bunkers from reputed suppliers, including alternate fuels.
- Supervise and coach department employees to upskill and equip them with relevant skills to perform the tasks in the department.
QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE
- A degree in Chemical, Business, Maritime or Supply chain or its equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years in bunker trading/ procurement/ quality/ quantity claims or relevant working experience in shipping industry
- Excellence knowledge of bunkering processes and Singapore standards
- Good knowledge of the various platforms for tracking and evaluating bunker procurement strategies, IMOS etc
- Great negotiation and interpersonal skills and ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Good managerial and strong stakeholder management skills
- Flair for numbers and is tech-savvy.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.