We are looking for an experienced Assistant Safety Manager for one of our global shipping clients. Reporting to the Shipyard Manager, the Assistant Safety Manager will be responsible to carry out his/her duties as a Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Officer in accordance to the WSH Act.
The ideal candidate would have at least 5 years of experiences as Shipyard Safety Professional and possess a Certified Safety Officer Certificate by MOM, Port Facility Security Officer (ISPS) Certification as well as a Fire Safety Manager Certification by SCDF.
Shipyard WSH Duties
- Evaluates the worksite to identify job hazards and establish appropriate controls such as risk assessment that can encompass the full range of WHS hazards related to the ship repair work environment.
- Coordinate with site personnel to address and enforce compliance with company safety policy, contract safety requirements, and Singapore WSH Act and its related regulatory compliance requirements.
- Conducts accident investigations, studies, interprets results, presents specific conclusions, and makes recommendations to immediately initiate corrective & preventive actions needed.
- Assist in developing safety and health training programs and conducts safety and health training and develop and run safety promotion campaigns at the shipyards.
- Conducts WSH site inspections & WSH Audit inspections
- Perform Confined Space Gas inspections, Hot Works Assessment and Work at Height assessment to ensure compliance according to WSH Act and its relevant WSH Regulations
- Prepare monthly safety statistical reports for WSH committee Meeting
Port Facility Security Officers (PFSOs) Duties
- Assume the responsibilities and perform the duties of the PFSO.
- Implement and ensure the maintenance of the Port Facility Security Plan.
- Conduct security inspections of the ship to ensure adequate security measures.
- Understand the conduct of security assessment and audits.
- Conduct training, drills and exercises in accordance with the ISPS requirements.
- Enhance security awareness and vigilance by security officers.
- Point of contact with MPA and other agencies
Fire Safety Manager Duties
- Responsible for site fire safety work procedures and compliance in accordance to the relevant authorities;
- Ensure at all times that fire safety requirements contained in the Emergency Response Plan are complied;
- Supervise the maintenance of all fire safety works in the premises;
- Prepare and execute the Emergency Response Plan for the premises and distribute the Emergency Response Plan to the occupants of the premises;
- Prepare and submit reports as required
- Min. 5 years in a Safety Officer role in a shipyard or maritime industry
- Well versed in Workplace Safety & Health Act & regulations, EHS applicable Acts & Regulations
- Able to train, lead and motivate colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills, excellent oral and written communication skills
- High aptitude for creating sense of urgency, accuracy and responsiveness
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Minimum a Diploma in Engineering, Safety, Health and Environment or other related education
- Must be registered WHSO
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your attention!