Our client is looking for an Assistant Manager, Vessel Accounting to join their organization to assist the department with controlling functions of vessels across multiple segments. You will be based in Singapore, joining the Vessel controlling team and in charge of bridging and supporting the Pool Finance and Operations teams. The ideal candidate would have at least 3 years of relevant experience in operations / controls environment.
Voyage Controlling & Accounting
- Weekly review of Voyage data in IMOS system ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Address variations and fluctuations on Profit & Loss on on-going voyages.
- Manage and generate control reports from IMOS system.
- Assist Operations team in solving issues in IMOS system in collaboration with super users.
- Monitor and manage bar issues for claims relating to charterers expenses.
- Support accounting, finance and business analyst team with understanding the figures and assist in explaining any changes in IMOS system.
- Ensure accuracy of the voyage P&L in IMOS system for the quarterly closure.
- Ensure vessels are updated with latest itinerary in IMOS system in collaboration with Operations team.
- Handle voyage accounting related matters in general.
- Control, approve and process payments concerning Bunker, Commissions and War risk invoices.
- Review and approve disbursement accounts (port expenses) in DA-Desk system.
- Ensure disbursement accounts are allocated correctly and review time bar issues.
- Prepare hire out statements and collection of hire.
- Raise invoices for owners and charterers expenses.
- Backup for approval of payments in collaboration with Finance team.
Process Control and Business Performance
- Assist in internal and external audits.
- Support in strengthening process documentation and risk identification and mitigation.
- Handle IMOS system process in relation to release of new updates including but not limited to managing and testing functions.
- Liaise with IT team to manage IMOS system issues.
- Support and provide input to digitalisation projects.
- Diploma / Degree in Maritime Studies or related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in an operations / controls environment.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining a good overview of tasks at hand and deadlines.
- Good working knowledge of IMOS (or equivalent Operating system).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and MSBC (Microsoft Dynamics) is an advantage.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding!