We are looking for an energetic Assistant QHSE Manager for one of our global shipping clients. Reporting to the Head of Marine and Operations, this position is responsible for the management of the Quality and Safety management system of the company and to promote a positive QHSE culture of the company. The ideal candidate would have a minimum 4-year experience as a Marine/ QHSE Executive in a reputed Ship Owning or Management Company and has a keen interest in sustainability topics.
- Management of the company’s quality control matters, such as the continuous improvement of the Integrated Management System
- Support in the preparation, review and continual development of Company’s IMS documentation
- Provide HSE statistics and record keeping of QHSE activities.
- Develop Internal Audit Planner and carry out internal audits and safety inspections, including the development of questionnaires.
- Follow up on the close out of all internal and external audit findings, regularly update the Register of Non-Conformities.
- Support in Incident and Near Miss Investigations and analyse trends as required.
- Support in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments.
- Promote a positive QHSE culture, provide advice on all aspects of QHSE
- Facilitate QHSE communication (i.e. newsletters, notice board, alerts etc.)
- Liaison with local authorities and other relevant organizations on QHSE matters.
- Able to independently assist in running the Company’s environmental and energy-saving campaigns.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent & at least 4-year’ experience in QHSE in the shipping industry.
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Acrobat and MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Excellent command of the English language (written and spoken) with proven ability to produce presentations, reports, newsletters, write ups, etc.
- Preferably prior experience related to sustainability/environment systems in shipping combined with ISO 9001/14001/45001 accreditations
- Ability to work using own initiative or as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to effectively manage own workload and meet deadlines.
- Internal auditor certificate is a “plus” for the right candidate.
- Meticulous, organized, with excellent communication skills.
- Hybrid working
- Flexible working hours
- Centralised Location
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding!